Marriage License in North Carolina
You do not have to be a resident of North Carolina to apply for a marriage license. The following are required to apply for a marriage license:
- A valid photo ID- diver license, military ID, birth certificate or passport
- Complete marriage application. It is available online:
- If divorced- the bride or groom must know the month and year of the last divorce. If within the last 60 days, a copy of the divorce decree signed by the judge is needed.
- Both parties must be present to obtain the license. If one party is unable to appear, a sworn and notarized affidavit is needed from the Register of Deeds Office.
- Proof of a social security number for both parties- W2 form or payroll stub
- Applicants under 17 must have notarized parental consent
The license is $60 and must be paid in cash. There is no waiting period or blood test needed for the license. Same sex marriage is not allowed in North Carolina, however first cousin marriage is allowed. The license can be used anywhere in North Carolina and is valid for 60 days.
Marriage ceremonies may be either religious or civil. A civil ceremony is conducted by a magistrate, who is the only civil officer authorized to perform marriages. There must be two witnesses at any marriage ceremony, whether it is civil or religious. Ministers must complete the marriage license and return it to the register of deeds who issued it.
The marriage license in Raleigh can be obtained from the following location:
Wake County Register Of Deeds
One Bank of America Plaza
421 Fayetteville Street
Suite 300 – Floor 3
Raleigh, NC 27601
8:30 a.m. – 4:45 p.m. / M – F
Closed for holidays.
Your event will never become a party without the guests. If you are having a birthday party or shower, you need to buy favors for your guests. This is a great tradition that shows you appreciate your guests’ attendance and want to thank them for helping celebrate the big day. A great choice of party favor will not only impress your guests, but will also give a lasting memory of the event. They will also feel grateful and will want to return for other celebrations!
Preston’s First Birthday- Jungle Party
The invitations were so fun to make. I was able to get animal costumes on sale after Halloween and I got the letters for the number ONE from Michael’s.
I used jungle themed labels for the food. Here are the labels in a word document Jungle Food Labels
Our menu consisted of the following:
- Safari sandwiches- Pinwheels from Harris Teeter
- Pimento Cheese Elephants
- Chicken Salad Hippos
- Wilderness nuggets From Chickfila
- Wildlife Mac and Cheese
- Animal Crackers
- Tropical Veggies
- Sweet Fruit Lion
- Trail Mix
- Jungle Cupcakes
- Banana Split Dippin Dots
Preston’s outfit is from Etsy from Fashion for Kids.
Here are pictures of the decorations and from the party!
Here was the goody bag from the party:
Here are some files I created and used for decorations around the house and gifts:
Here are the thank you cards I ordered from Tiny Prints to stick with the theme!